Getting to Turku
Turku Airport is located approx. 7 kms from the centre of Turku. It is operated by some companies.
Flight Connections to Turku
The biggest airport in Finland is Helsinki Airport and most connections coming to Finland operate there. From Helsinki, you can take either train or bus to Turku (see below). The train connection from Helsinki Airport to the event location in Kupittaa (Turku) will take approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes. However, we recommend to plan in a little extra time.
Boat Traffic & Connections in the Archipelago
It is possible to travel from Stockholm, Sweden to Turku by ferry.
- Silja Line
- Viking Line
- Finnlines – car ferry from Naantali to Kapellskär
- Boat traffic in the Archipelago
- Connection from Helsinki Airport: 1st train from Helsinki Airport to Pasila railway station (23 minutes). 2nd train from Pasila railway station to Kupittaa (Turku) (1 hour 45 minutes).
- Schedule and ticket shop: VR
- Tickets can be also bought from the stations. We recommend buying the ticket before entering the vehicle.
- We recommend taking the train from Helsinki to Turku to avoid walking long distances. However, the bus is also an option and can be cheaper.
- Schedule and ticket shop: Long-distance bus travel with Matkahuolto
- Schedule and ticket shop: Onnibus bus company
More information on how to get to Turku, can be found on Visit Turku website.
Getting around in Turku
Both Educity and ICT City are located right next to Kupittaa railway station. Walking distance from the train station is approx. 200 metres.
EduCity and ICT City are located within a walking distance from the Turku center.
Föli organises the public transport in the Turku region. You can purchase single tickets (€3) with contactless payment on the buses. The buses also accept cash, but please note that a single ticket is €4 when paying in cash. The selection also includes day tickets (€8), among other things. By downloading the Föli app, you can buy tickets on mobile.
Buses 32 and 42 go past EduCity (stop at Kupittaa railway station). Many other buses also have their routes within a short walking distance. See more details in the Föli Journey Planner.
In summer, exploring Turku and the surrounding areas is convenient with Föli rental bikes. It is also affordable: €2/hour and €12/day. City bikes can be rented until the end of October. Bikes can be rented via the Donkey Republic application.
The campus has a limited number of parking spaces. Whenever possible, please use other traffic connections when arriving at Kupittaa. The parking spaces in the area are subject to a charge. Driving to the parking spaces takes place through the entrance and exit gates on Joukahaisenkatu.
More information on how to get around Turku, can be found on Visit Turku website.